Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content

Support Team


Feedback: What Are the Differences Between the Levels of Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools?


What Are the Differences Between the Levels of Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools?






Supporting teaching and learning in schools requires more than a teacher standing at the front of the class. Teachers must be able to demonstrate good leadership skills, be adaptable and patient with students' problems and the ability to foster a positive environment that encourages learning. If teachers have these qualities, they can go on to become very successful in their chosen profession. But what if you want to go beyond the classroom? Have you considered becoming a teacher's aide?

There are various qualifications available for Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools and this includes teacher aides who have acquired a relevant level of education, teaching qualifications and certified professional development. Some are also entitled to other forms of assistance including providing guardianship and care giving services to learners and parents. These services can be required in special education, special needs, or autism. Many of these aides also have additional qualifications such as those acquired through professional practice or diploma courses. Some are also eligible to sit for the level 3 certificate, which is required to teach young learners.

Teachers can Study From Home as an associate or full member. The certification can be achieved by successfully completing a course in professional development or a certificate in child development. Becoming a school leader doesn't stop there, they can still go on to obtain a further level of education such as a degree. To qualify for a degree level 2 certificate in supporting learning and teaching in schools, an individual has to have at least an associate degree in a relevant discipline.

Those who have gained a level three certificate in supporting teaching and learning in schools will gain several benefits. These include: the ability to understand and apply concepts from education theory, relevant research and field work; competent communication and professional relationships with other teachers and other professionals. It would be a good idea if you had some qualifications such as: the ability to instruct and motivate pupils; skills in the areas of mathematics and science; a positive attitude towards learning. In addition to these, individuals who earn this certificate will also be able to demonstrate that they have excellent communication skills, good working ethics, a dedication to ongoing professional development and leadership, along with having a commitment to and mastery of the principles of differentiated instruction. These principles involve students being assessed on their understanding and implementation of different learning activities in a regular basis.

One of the benefits of this certification is that it is recognised by the International Association for School Management which recognises the value that it adds to a teacher's professional development. A teacher can benefit from a level three certificate if they are looking forward to: Professional development; the opportunity to improve their knowledge and teaching skills; the opportunity to enhance their understanding of complex concepts; the opportunity to develop professional standards in the use of technology in the classroom. A further benefit of a professional development and support assessment is that it can help individual teachers and institutions to implement and improve their policies that support the teaching and learning of disabled, disadvantaged and English as a second language children. In addition to these benefits, a Certificate in Support Assessment can open up new opportunities for teachers and school staff to explore career options and strategic planning.

There are three levels of certificates available: Standard; Intermediate and Advanced. The qualifications in the SAA Standard Level covers the core subjects of Mathematics, Science and Social Studies; the core subjects of English and Math; and Core Training (which involves Learning Development). The Intermediate Level covers subjects such as History, English Grammar and Literature, Geography, Business and Law; and Core Training. The advanced qualification handbook consists of core subjects such as Science and Math, History, English Literature and Philosophy.

To qualify for the Advanced Level, you will need to demonstrate that you have at least one year of professional experience in supporting teaching and learning. If you have completed the Certificate in Support Assessment, you will be eligible to apply for level two. However, there are a number of requirements that must be met. At level two, you will need to demonstrate that you have completed a further two years' worth of relevant experience, including a further year of teaching and one year of specialist education. You will also be required to provide the agreed evidence on specialist subjects and have a suitable supporting CV. At level two, you will not only need to have a suitable supporting CV, but will also need to provide a further year of professional experience, such as one year in a position provided by the University of Reading or a placement in a University or College.

For those individuals who do not hold a recognised qualification, there are a number of options available. They include completing an approved teacher training course and undertaking a placement. Alternatively, there are a number of companies that specialise in supporting individuals and provide a variety of certifications and voluntary positions. There are also a number of foundation certificate courses available, which provide a framework to develop further qualifications.


Created at 8/6/2021 11:34 AM by  
Last modified at 8/6/2021 11:34 AM by