Welcome to the APRIL 30, 2020 daily update on UW Ob-Gyn departmental operations.
WHAT DO I NEED TO KNOW TODAY?
The UW SMPH Department of Psychiatry has offered to facilitate Stress De-Briefing, Resiliency, and Coping Strategies groups for interested faculty and house staff. Groups can also be available to research faculty and administrative staff if there’s interest! Groups are intended to help build resilience, strengthen teams, and provide coping strategies. Groups meet for an hour.
If you’re interested in participating in a Stress De-Briefing, Resiliency, and Coping Strategies Group, please contact Christy Lincicum.
- St. Mary’s now has the capacity to test all pre-op patients for COVID-19.
- UW Hospital pathology services are available on the weekend with the capacity for performing frozen sections.
- The Gynecologic Oncology fellowship team received over 90 fellowship applications this year. The quality of the applicants is superb, and the group is excited about the excellent candidates!
- For the second year running, the annual Department Awards Ceremony, coming up on June 25, 2020, will include the new Support Staff Excellence Award! You can nominate your excellent colleagues by filling out this form and returning to Jenni Stevens by May 18, 2020.
- SMPH is currently working through furlough implementation details. More information about furloughs will be coming shortly.
UW-Madison is under a hiring freeze, but some exceptions may be made for research positions if the position is 100% grant funded. Researchers may submit a proposed PVL with justification as to why the position is necessary to hire during the hiring freeze. For assistance with this, contact Jenni Stevens.
TAKE A DEEP BREATH
After several weeks of staying incredibly close to home, we're starting to daydream about where we'll go when we're able to move around again. People from across UW Ob-Gyn shared the first place they'd like to go when quarantine is lifted, with destinations ranging from the local Target, to reconnecting with family, to some very far-flung locales. Read the whole list – thanks to all who shared this morning!
Find more resources to support mental and physical resilience on the UW Ob-Gyn Wellness Committee resources page.
UW Health COVID-19 / UW-Madison COVID-19 Plans and Response / U.S. CDC / Wisconsin DHS